Inside our classroom
Children learn through hands on free play as well as structured activities in our well organized learning centers. We believe children need an environment that supports expression and stimulates learning. Most importantly, we believe that children need to have fun!
We provide hands-on practical learning experiences, which encourages independence and a strong self-esteem. We work on writing, recognition and citation of the alphabet and their name throughout the school year as well as recognition of numbers, colours and shapes. Developing a strong pincer grasp and proper cutting technique are other examples of skills that we focus on. We believe these are necessary skills that children need in order to have a successful transition into secondary school.
Throughout the year we:
- Go on community Field Trips
- Bring professionals into the classroom such as a Firefighter, Police Officer, Dental Assistant and Yoga instructor
- Celebrate special occasions with the students and their families for example, a special performance and party at Christmas, a Mother’s Day Tea and end of year Graduation Celebration.
- Create Memory Books for each child at the end of the year with special craft pages, pictures and surprises to remember their special time at Fuzzy Pickles!
- Take professional class and individual photos in the fall and in the spring for those Graduating.