Fuzzy Pickles Preschool Society of Alberta
Our mission and vision
We provide affordable, high quality child enrichment for preschool children in a supportive and nurturing environment. We nurture the imagination and spirit of our children to enable them to be brave, kind and playful now and in the future
We believe that children learn through play and experience. Our goal is to provide opportunities for children to grow and develop to his/her fullest potential through a variety of activities that highlight social, emotional, cognitive and physical development, with the guidance of qualified and experienced staff.
- Provide a social/recreational program for children between the ages of three and five years of age, with focus on self-growth and the importance of the child’s well-being, built through relationships with other children and caring adults.
- Provide an opportunity for all children to become aware of their own self-identity and to develop a feeling of adequacy and self-worth.
- Obtain maximum physical growth and performance by improving the coordination of their large and small muscles.
- Provide a fun atmosphere doing crafts, singing songs, going of field trips, playing with other children and enjoying an extensive array of creative and educational toys at a developmentally appropriate level.
- Foster the development of the child’s intellect so he/she can initiate their own activities; learn to ask questions and discover answers and use language to comprehend and make verbal explanations.
- Allow the children to become a contributing member in all areas of the Preschool.
Our Board of Directors
We are operated by a volunteer Board of Directors made up mostly of parents that have their children registered in the school. The Board is responsible for overseeing the administration, policy making, and various functions related to the operation of the school. Each spring at the Annual General Meeting, current parents will elect a volunteer Board of Directors for the following school year.
There are 10 board positions to fill each spring:
- Vice Chairperson
- Field Trip Coordinator
- Fundraising Director
- Events Coordinator
- Volunteer/Recycling Coordinator
- Maintenance Director
Meet Our Outstanding Teachers
At Fuzzy Pickles Preschool our wonderful teachers provide days packed full of fun activities which promote the social and academic development of children. Whether your child is a visual, auditory or kinesthetic learner, our activities will engage and inspire!
Ms. R (Richelle Rothecker)
Director / Teacher
Ms. R is a professional in the Child Care industry with over 30 years of experience and holds a Child Development Supervisor certification from MRU. Ms. R has been a Teacher at Fuzzy Pickles for going on 14 years, but has been part of the broader family for 19 years, as her daughter attended Fuzzy Pickles, where at that time she volunteered on the board and in the classroom. Ms. R has two children, a son and a daughter, and raising her family, and being involved in their sports and schooling in Airdrie over the years has been her passion and focus. When Ms. R is not at school helping to shape the little minds of preschoolers, you will find her volunteering in the community.
“Teaching 3 to 5-year-old children is extremely fulfilling! I feel so lucky to be part of their growth, both mentally and emotionally, watching them accomplish new things, connect with others and getting them ready to move on Kindergarten is a very rewarding experience. Providing a positive first school experience for all of our children and their families in a nurturing, caring environment is my goal!”
Ms. M (Michelle Demers)
Ms. M is a professional in the Child Care industry with 15 years of experience and holds a Child Development Assistant certification. Ms. M has been a teacher with Fuzzy Pickles for going on 9 years and has lived in Airdrie for 17 years. Ms. M has a son and has a soft spot for animals, especially her dog Koda.
“I love that each child is different and seeing their reactions as they meet developmental milestones is so rewarding. Building a rapport with each child and their parents is what I love most about teaching preschool!”
Miss Steph will be a familiar face at Fuzzy Pickles for the 2022/2023 school year as Assistant Teacher! Although this role is new to Miss Steph, she is not new to the Fuzzy Pickles family.
Miss Steph has two daughters who both attended Fuzzy Pickles and she offered her time as Secretary on the Fuzzy Pickles Board of Directors. You may also recognize her as she has been a substitute teacher at the school in recent years.
Miss Steph holds her level three in Early Childhood Education and updated First Aid training. She also has years of experience as a Preschool Teacher, Childcare Worker and Nanny.
When Miss Steph isn’t in the classroom, she enjoys scrapbooking and working with mixed media. Art is a big part of who she is!
Miss Steph is excited to join another great year at Fuzzy Pickles!